Time to do this right!

I've been browsing various  weight loss and fitness blogs and have become very inspired; so much so that upon awakening this morning, I was determined that I was going to do this thing the right way.

 I got out of bed and searched through my drawer to find an old bikini(that I had no business looking at let alone putting on) and decided that I would take some before photos.  I immediately uploaded them to my comp and let me tell you, there is nothing like a photo to put things into perspective.  I know that I am overweight but dayum!


I think that I have been plagued with a bout of reverse anorexia.(if such a thing does exist)  I look at myself and see myself thinner than I really am. ( I'm serious, I really do).  It isn't until I look in the mirror or at a photo that the "Ugly Truth" sets in.   Case in point,  I bought a swimsuit dress, cover up thing... similar to this: Of course I will never wear it out anywhere, (Well I did wear it a few times to drop off and pick up the kid but I never got out of the car.) Anyway, I usually wear it around the house to lounge in and when I look down at myself, It doesn't look too bad, I don't look overly fat or anything like that.  Sure, I have a little tummy bulge but nothing that I haven't seen on anyone else..... as a matter of fact, I actually kind of like the way this looks on me.

  Now, fast forward to the beginning of this month, I'm taking a road trip and want to be able to drive in comfort. This dress is extremely comfortable and  it keeps me cool so I figure ...why not wear this dress? I put it on and decide to look in the mirror( mind you, I've never looked at myself in the mirror while wearing this dress before) and I couldn't believe what I saw, I looked like a stuffed sausage..... so of course that wasn't going to get it and I quickly changed my outfit.  Prior to that, I thought that I looked perfectly fine. (which translates to thinner than I really am)

Anyway, back to those bikini shots.  My gosh, I have a lot of work ahead of me...I mean a whollllllle lot of work!  I know that diet is 95 percent of weight-loss and I really need to figure out a doable way to incorporate good, healthy, tasteful, clean eating into my diet.  I currently have the mindset that I do not want to cut out anything from my diet.  Moderation is the key.  I sometimes get the kind of cravings where I want what I want.  It doesn't happen all that often but you know how it is when you cannot be satiated until you get what you want. I just cannot deny myself and maybe that's part of the problem as to why I'm the weight that I am.

I really don't eat a lot (I know you're thinking they all say that, admit it..that's what you're thinking aren't you?)  But in my case it's true.  Some people crave candy, chocolate or sweets, and I do get a sugar craving once in a while but my weakness as of late has been Flaming hot Cheetos,  I love them and could eat an entire bag in 1 or 2 days.  I once attended a nutrition seminar and I can remember the nutritionist saying that that particular kind of Cheetos is actually the worst for your body.  I'm  proud to say that I haven't purchased any flaming hots in about two weeks so that's good.

I guess I will do some more research on nutrition although I'm  pretty sure I know just about everything that I should or should not be eating.  I just have to put it into action.

  I see a lot of people have had success on Weight Watchers but I wonder if you will have to be on  the WW program  for the rest of your life to maintain or keep the weight off.  I don't want to follow any particular program and then when I start to eat "normally" again (not meaning unhealthy or large portions but in a normal manner, not cutting out any particular food or food groups) I gain the weight back.  That's my dilemma but i'm working on a plan.


Getting it right and tight,

7 comments:

A woman I work with eats Flaming Hot Cheetos and diet coke everyday for lunch...of course, she is like 6 feet tall and thin as a rail. Grrrr!

Hi :) Stopping by to say hey and to let you know that you have an award - please visit my page.

ha! I just took some pictures of me in my underwear and bra, and ho boy! That was a wake up call. I do the same thing, I trick myself into thinking that I don't look *that* bad. That even though the BMI calculator is telling me I'm obese, I still try to deny it in my head.

Yeah... I'll never be showing those pictures to anyone...

I have the same disorder! I honestly don't feel bad or fat or anything, but then I pass my reflection and wonder who the heck that fat old woman following me is! LOL. And photos--I avoid having my picture taken at all costs. It's easy, really--I just make certain I am the one who is in charge of holding the camera. Can't get your picture taken that way.

I TOTALLY know what you mean! I don't think I am as fat as i really am until it hits me. i guess that is why i avoid the mirror. lol

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com

Whew! Glad to know that I am not the only delusional one haha. The worst is when you see your reflection in a store window.

Yes, my photos are under lock and key. No one will ever see them unless I see some significant progress on the weightloss front and get enough corage to post before and afters, then again, Maybe not!

@Nicole, Don't you just hate women who can eat what they want and never gain a pound. That used to be me before child birth but now those days are long gone.

@Jennifer, The funny thing about it is that I love to be photographed. I guess it stems from my thin days. I still have to be in every picture that anyone takes but WHen I see them, I'm so not happy.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment!