Week1 Day 3 ( should be day 4)

I'm so proud of myself for getting up and getting it moving for the third day . (this really should be day 4 for me but I took the weekend off)
Anyway, I don't know what to blame, my head or my body, but whichever one is at fault was on it today. I so didn't feel like doing anything and managed to talk myself out of it with excuses for a few hours until my willpower took over and I said "I WILL WORK OUT TODAY!"

I did P90x Shoulders and arms and while I did take breaks due to shoulder pain, I powered through and even managed to do 1 round of the bonus round. I probably could have completed the second round and have no idea why I did not except laziness set in.

I can't believe how out of shape I am. There was a time when I could complete this workout no problem. I didn't have much trouble today save for pain in my left shoulder. I don't know what it is but whenever I do any type of shoulder work my left shoulder gives me hell. My right is just fine and I have no idea why that is. I'm sure that my form is correct and normally the pain isn't so great that I have to stop but this time it was. After each shoulder exercise, I had to stop to massage my shoulder before continuing on and that has never happened before. Any Idea why that is? I did do the stretching exercise but maybe that isn't enough. Maybe I need to look up some more shoulder stretches since I am just now getting back into it after a too many years to count long hiatus.

Anyway, I'm not only glad that my will power won out but also that I was able to finish the workout. I'm not done either, Oh no! I plan to add some form of cardio in a lame attempt to make up for the missed Saturday workout!

Getting it right,
 

6 comments:

I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the HYC challenge. Good luck with it all.

Hi, welcome to the HYC :)

Good luck on your journey! I'll be cheering you on!

Go, you! You *should* be proud of yourself!

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge. :)

Welcome to the healthy you challenge. Enjoy your journey

I love that you are doing P90X! I'm still too afraid to try it and I'm a Beach Body coach! Ha! If you ever have any questions about the workouts, any of the other weight loss programs they offer or the recovery drinks, let me know! Great job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment!