Fried CHicken WIngs




I've had the opportunity to have fried chicken wings from a Chinese Restaurant on a couple of occasions and I've always found them to be quite flavorful and tasty.  So imagine my surprise when I came across the recipe' for chicken wings from a Chinese take out spot.  I made them on Saturday and while they looked delicious, they weren't as flavorful as I imagined they would be although I could taste the garlic. ( I suppose the lack of flavor could be attributed to the fact that I may have  had more chicken than I had marinade Since I let them marinate for 2 days lol) I plan to make them again and tweak the recipe a bit to make them more flavorful.


1 1lb. chicken wings, middle section and/or drummettes (wing dings)



Marinade
1  3 inch piece fresh ginger peeled
2 TBS soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1TBS oyster sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper


Coating
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch



1. Rinse the chicken wings in cold water, pat dry








2. Make the marinade by grating the ginger, squeezing to extract the juices. Discard pulp.  Mix in remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.  Pour the marinade over the wings and marinate over night.








3. The next day, combine ingredients for coating, and dredge chicken in the  coating mixture, making sure they are evenly coated.  Shake off the excess.

4. Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil ( enough to deep-fry)   Gently drop the chicken into  the hot oil and deep-fry in batches.






5.  Deep-fry the wings until they turn a light golden brown ( making sure the inside is thoroughly cooked)  Dish out wings with a strainer or slotted spoon , draining the oil by laying the wings on a wire rack or paper towel.  Serve immediately.





Getting it right,

1 comments:

That Chicken looks so good. I'm making this. You said it wasn't flavorful, did you have enough seasoning on it? Did it taste good?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment!