Friend Making Mondays: Bookworms (Revisited)

FMM: Bookworms (Revisited)


1.How often do you read for pleasure?  I read fairly often. I love reading....It's a love that has stuck with me ever since I was little.

2.Are you currently reading a book? No, I'm not currently reading anything at the moment.

3.Do you subscribe to any magazines and/or newspapers? The only magazine that I subscribe to is Better Homes and Gardens and Good Housekeeping...but I do purchase quite a few fitness mags which I try to read regularly. I also read our local "free" newpaper but I get the majority of my news from the early A.M.television broadcast or online.


4.Do you prefer reading traditional books or using an e-reader? I don't really have a preference either way.  I do tend to read magazines mostly on my touchpad.  I have a few books on their as well but since I get my books from the library and haven't looked into their e-book check-out system yet, I mostly read traditional books. 

5.How often do you go to the bookstore? Not so much anymore since they closed Borders...we have a little neighborhood bookstore but I haven't visted there in a while. The majority of the books I read, I get from the library unless they are absolutely awesome reads ( ie The Shack) I can't see a reason to purchase them since I rarely, if ever, go back and re-read a book.

6.Do you read at the gym?  I do read only when I'm on the Precor machine or the elliptical. It helps the time go by much more quickly and it also allows me to catch up on my reading. I have also  listened to audio books from time to time.

7.Have you ever been a member of a book club? Only online although I would love to join a local book club.

8.Do you wear glasses when you read? No..don't need glasses.

9.Has anyone read the Hunger Games? No I haven't read it although my kids had to read it for school and loved  it. It  is on my "to read" list although I think I will see the movie before I actully get a chance to read it.

10.What is your favorite thing about reading? I love the storylines mostly.Reading also allows you to escape the real world, you can travel, and basically become one with the characters if the book is well written.


Getting it right,

2 comments:

Came by from FMM. Surprised (and maybe a little sad?) to hear about Hunger Games being required reading -- they struck me as violent (for kids) and it just seems like there are so many better books they could read, but I guess I can see the merit too for a teacher who wants kids to read current stuff and not just the classics. But just doesn't strike me as mind-expanding at all.

My love of reading started when I was little, too. I'd read a book & my mom would always go into my room before bed and ask me about what I read. It was also a ruse to stay awake longer if I had more to tell her.

Stopping in from FMM - Hi~!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment!