I feel bad for saying this but what the heck?

So I was kind of pumped the other day because I had it in my mind that I would attend Zumba class. When I arrived at the gym, there was a sign stating that the Zumba class would be starting one hour later.  I was borderline mad but I walked on the treadmill to pass the time and headed to class about 5 minutes before the class was supposed to start.  Time came and went...there was about 40 people waiting.  By the time it was fifteen minutes past the time the class was supposed to start people started leaving... She( the Zumba instructor) arrived about  25 to 30 minutes late with apologies.  She said she was called to fill in at the last minute.  By this time people started coming back and we got on with the warm-up.  I would say there were about 30-35 people in the class at this time.

When we got into our first song, I knew it wasn't going to be good.  I feel bad for saying this but the Zumba instructor was so off beat that it was really hard to keep up with her. I looked behind me and saw virtually the entire class fumbling trying to keep up with her and for any of you who know how to dance...it's really hard to get off beat... She was not in time with the music at all.  Can you imagine the music pumping and all the dance steps no where near in time with the music.  One by one people started to leave and I knew something was up when both of the two "regular"  male members left.  One is a die hard Zumba fan who never misses a class  so when I saw him leave I just shook my head.

I felt really bad and just did my own thing so to speak because I didn't want her to feel bad.  I know that she noticed people leaving and I hung in there for as long as I could.  One of the girls next to me said that she( speaking of herself) already had no rhythm and now she has to  try to get off beat too?  After that she picked up her belongings and walked out . When I left, which was about 25 or 30 minutes into the class, there were 7 people left.

I left feeling that I wasted my time and  that I did not get the good Zumba work out that I've come to love.  Usually, I'm pouring down with sweat and I have to fill up my water bottle 2 or 3 times.  During that class, no sweat and I didn't even need to take a sip of my water.  What's really bad is that I was counting on the activity points to help me to meet my points (60 daily) for the challenge that I entered.

I know that she was doing the best that she could but I was left wondering how she even got certified as a Zumba instructor.  Another girl in the class told me that she subbed for a "Latin Heat" class that the gym also offers and was off-beat when she taught that class as well.  I ended up  popping in my Zumba DVD's to make up for the lost time.


Getting it right,

2 comments:

I attend Zumba about 3 times a week at different locations and it really irks me when the designated time has changed and I wasn't notified or when the instructor decides since she has plans that we will only work out for 30 minutes. I even hate hearing other participants acting like they wish she hurry and stop working them so hard.... I personally want my full time and efforts so I can gain the maximum benefits. When I show up I want to show out...lol. Keep it up... I absolutely love Zumba.

It was a hard workout for our first 2 weeks.
zumba dvd

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment!