FMM: Make-Up Favorites



1.  Do you wear makeup everyday? I only wear make-up when I'm going out or on vacation.

2.  Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party? If so, how?  Not really, I only wear mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick/gloss when I do wear make-up.   The only change that I may make is going  from  my staple of clear mascara to black.  Lol  exciting huh?

3.  Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things? Nope, No loyalty here.  I use whatever is available and lately that has translated into whatever is the cheapest.  I would love to say I'm a "Mac girl" and post YouTube videos of my "Mac hauls" but truth is.  I'm just not that savvy when it comes to make-up.

4. Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind? No.. I've never used either. I'm not even sure what primer is...  lol

5.  What’s your favorite brand of foundation?  I don't use foundation...I tried it once but thought it made me look fake.  I don't think I used the  right color to match my skin tone.

6.  Do you use blush and/or bronzer?  I don't use bronzer but I used to wear blush religiously  as a teen, Now I can't remember the last time I wore blush.

7.  Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner? If so, what’s your favorite kind?  I wear eyeliner only when I'm going out.  Not picky  about the brand at all.  Don't wear eyeshadow but I would love to get into wearing it.  I recently bought a cheap palette from Elf just to experiment. My first look, a "Smokey Eye" looked a hot mess.  Needless to say I haven't tried it since.  It may have been that I'm just not used to seeing myself with eyeshadow.  I need help on how to start from all of you make-up gurus out there!

8.  What’s your favorite kind of mascara? Maybelline clear and then Elf second...it doesn't last long but I love the fact that it has a brow brush on one end and a lash brush on the other and at only $1.00, it can't be beat!

9.  Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite? I used to be a pink lipstick girl. Now I've gravitated to more neutral colors.  I love a gold colored lipstick especially in the summer.   I also love glosses, again, not picky about the type although I do love LANCÔME Juicy Tubes.

10.  Do you wear nail polish regularly?   I used to wear polish regularly until I made the mistake of getting fake nails.  Up until then, I had long beautiful nails. Listening to my aunt who said the fake nails would protect my real nail and prevent breaking I decided to get a set.  Needless to say, my nails are ruined. They will not grow past a certain length and they are weak and brittle and it has been 10+ years ago that I got my first and last set. (my nails used to grow so long that I would save them when they broke)..Anyway now, when I do wear polish, it is usually a clear or neutral color that won't be noticed when it chips after a  day or two.  Lol  I don't bother with  colored polish (due to chipping)unless it's a special occasion although I have been fascinated with OPI's Shattered line.

11.  How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day?  I stick with  whatever it is I'm using to cleanse my face at the moment be it Noxema( my old stand-by that I've been using since I was a teen) or  an oil cleanser  to  good old soap and water.

12.  Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup? Of course,  but aside from my usual "routine" I'm not sure about the best way to apply certain things...too much trouble  lol

13. Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along?  Not really, other than the fact that I do think that everyone should have their brows threaded at least once!  I find that  having my brows threaded makes everything in my world seem right!   Also, when it comes to nail polish..either wear it or don't wear it but No chipped polish please!

Your turn!   Head on over to Kenlie's and don't forget to link your blog!


Getting it right and tight,

3 comments:

I love Juicy tubes! I used to buy bunch of theme for my nieces too. I so agree with the chipped nails, that's why I paint my so often 'cause I cannot go out with raggedy nails.
I would say that just trying and keep trying is the best way to get good with makeup. Youtube has broaden my knowledge and I'm more open to different looks.
Stopping by from FMM

HI! No, I don't do tutorials. I would recommend Makeupgeek and I love old Kandeejohnson videos for tips.
At first I knew just the basics but them I would sit in front of the Computer (when I didn't have the little guy) and try to imitate some of the looks.

I have a couple of juicy tubes. Love 'em!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment!