FMM: Habits


1.  Are you proactive, or do you procrastinate?  I'm much more a procrastinator than not. I usually wait until the last minute to do things, even Christmas shopping(which I posted about). Now it seems that it is beginning to manifest itself in my workouts as I have planned to add weights into my routine and find myself constantly saying "I'll do it later." Later turns into tomorrow which eventually turns into next week. Pitiful isn't it?  I know, I'm going to work on it starting tomorrow.  Lol just kidding... today is the day of change!

2.  Do you eat breakfast everyday? If so, what’s a typical meal like? I would love to say yes...I know with trying to lose weight I should say YES, but unfortunately this isn't the case. Sometimes, time gets away from me and I get caught up in other things  or roped into doing things and breakfast takes a back seat.  One day last week, I didn't eat anything until 2:00 PM and I know that is not a good thing.  When I am able to get a breakfast in, it is usually a boiled egg and turkey breast or an omelet (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, Portabella mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, onions, serving of cheese and sometimes turkey breast) with blackberries on the side when I have them on hand...YUM!

3.  How much time do you spend watching TV on an average day? I watch TV wayyyy too many hours to count.  As a kid, I rarely watched TV. Back then, my entire family either listened to music or read books the majority of the time...I guess now I'm making up for lost time although, my love for reading has stuck with me through the years.

4.  Do you talk on the phone, or do you prefer e-mail and/or text messages?I'm much more an emailer/texter depending on the person. Certain family members or friends I would much rather speak with on the phone.  Business, I'd  rather conduct in an email.

5.  Do you exercise in the morning, afternoon or evening? I am such a morning person that  If I didn't workout in the mornings, I wouldn't work out!  There was a period last summer when I did do a few workouts in the evenings and it wasn't as bad as I thought but for some reason, I just couldn't keep it up.

6.  Do you take time for yourself regularly?   "Me" time is hard to come by around these parts, so much so that I even get barged in on when I'm in the bathroom.  As a result, I have become a master "tuner outer".

7.  How often do you make your bed?  I know its bad but never.   Before she passed away last year, my grandmother spent about 5 or 6 months with me and even at the age of 93, she made the bed every morning.  Her good habits rubbed off on me and while she was here, I  made my bed quite often( notice I didn't say every day).  Since she's passed, I've been telling myself that I need to make the bed because I do feel better getting into a made up bed...but I just never get around to doing it.  I think that I'll incorporate bed-making into my plan.

8.  Do you plan meals? If so, how far in advance?  No, I don't plan out my meals.  There are times that I get a craving for a certain food and I'll plan to make that dish for dinner or something but that is the extent of my planning. I know some folks who batch cook meals and have them packed up in perfect portion sizes for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the entire week. I would so love to be that person because I know that the fact that I don't plan my meals, has hindered me in my weight loss journey.

9.  Do you wake up at the same time everyday? Yes, 5:15 every morning and without an alarm clock..I just never needed them. (even on the weekends)

10.  How often do you brush your teeth?  At a minimum, twice a day...upon waking up and before going to bed.  There are times in between when I feel the need to brush and on those days, I do. I'm a flosser as well! ;)

Your turn!   Head on over to Kenlie's and don't forget to link your blog!


Getting it right,

7 comments:

Came by from FMM. I laughed about your TV habits. I think I used to be that way with soda -- deprived as a child, years of independence making up for lost time! I can't imagine not even having bathroom time as time to yourself, that has to be tough!

I'm with you on the bed thing, I rarely make mine either. :P

I'd be a wreck without meal planning, although I do very general planning - I rarely batch cook.

I wish I could get into a routine where I was able to wake up without an alarm!

Dropping by from FMM.

You morning people are making me feel awful. i really do wish I love Mornings. 7am is already a nightmare for me.
I feel I watch so much more TV after moving to the states. Back in the motherland it was summer all year around so I did so much more outside.
Stopping by from FMM

First of all - I love that when I opened your blog in a new tab, it's making faces at me! Hysterical!!!

I am drooling about your omelet! That sounds amazing!

Stopping in from FMM - hi!

I'm stopping by from FMM! I am SUPER impressed with your wake up time!! You go!! And I totally feel ya on not going to the bathroom alone... I guess it's one of those things you sacrifice when you have kids or pets!

@Lisa ..glad you like my little smileyface. ;) The Omelet is great, a lot of people don't like mushroom but I love my Portobellos! You should try it sometimes!

I had to check out your blog b/c my nephews and nieces call me Deedee :) Love your answers and blog!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment!