I think I'm getting my mojo back

 Did some more upper body work today on my arms and shoulders.   Shoulders are the one part of my body that I normally DO NOT work on.  Aside from the fact that they are my weakest body part, my shoulders are already broad enough.  I think that if I do any work on them as far as weightlifting goes, I'll be looking like a linebacker for the Patriots.  I worked them out a little today with light weights because that was all that I was able to do. I have to read up on it though because I don't need to be looking right everywhere else except for my shoulders.


I weighed myself this morning and the scale read 214.0  Yayyyyy!  I know I didn't lose 1.6lbs. in 3 days and most likely it was water weight but  who cares about  the reasoning behind it ... I'm just happy to see the scale moving in the right direction, DOWNWARD!!!  I do weigh myself every single day, or nearly everyday.  YES!!!  I AM A SCALE WHORE!  I know that I probably shouldn't and that it goes against the rules that I posted yesterday but  there is a method behind the madness, honestly.  I'm using a program that tracks your meals and it asks for your weight each day.  There is a work around to the daily weighing but I haven't figured out how to do it just yet so until I do, the scale will be calling me each and every morning that I arise.   

My eating is getting better but still not the greatest ( had oatmeal, kiwi fruit and a Lean cuisine meal so far today.) You're probably thinking "That's great, sounds okay to me" but I normally tend to do good during that time.  It's the dinner and after dinner hours that usually do me in.  I get crazy cravings and hunger pangs around 4-7 or 8 PM.  Most of the time they are sugar cravings and other times, I'm just itching to get my snack on.  I'm not really a sweets person in the  usual sense of the word.  Cakes, cookies, pies and the like do not do it for me,Will not do it for me!  I'm a food kind of gal, pasta is my real weakness, followed by candy( and not the chocolate kind.)  Jolly Ranchers, Now & Laters, ( yes I'm taking it wayyyyy back) BlowPops and the like.  I used to eat bags of candy a day but I have since switched to orbit gum, in  which I tend to go through unbelievable amounts .  I will, however,  focus more on the eating side of things in the next week or two.  Right now I'm concentrating on working out to make sure that I stick with it and that I don't allow my laziness(aka Lazy Ass) to talk me out of getting up and moving!  Wouldn't want to lose my mojo, now that I'm finally getting it back!

  The next two weeks will be a real challenge for me because I have to be at work a few hours earlier during that time and it will definitely interfere with my morning workouts.   If I don't work out in the mornings, I will not work out at all ( no matter how much I tell myself that I am going to.)  I am so not an evening person but I am "Determined to be fit" this year so I guess I have to do what I have to do...right?    I will also try to post daily during those next two weeks so if you notice that I haven't posted about working out or what have you,   Pleaseeeeee feel free to send me an E-smack( or you can leave me a clever little reminder in my c-box on the right) so I can get it back in gear because most likely, that would mean that  I haven't done nada.

4 comments:

Congrats on your progress! Keep it up :)

Hey Lady!!! Keep up the progress. But make sure you switch up your routine. I'm so proud of you!!!
Yes, I'll give you a nudge if I see you slacking.

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge, looking forward to getting to know you better. Be sure to check in on Tuesdays!

okay Lady it's been 5 days!!! Where are you? I hope you been busy workout and just didn't have time to blog about it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment!