Summer Challenge Update and week 2 Goals

While I have been getting my workouts in, I haven't really been doing much in changing what I eat.  I have been eating less....most days just breakfast and dinner...... because I haven't been really hungry but other than that not much on the nutrition front. 

I managed to get in a vegetable with at least one meal this past week even though I was shooting for a veggie with  every meal.   As far as the mini challenge goes, I revisited a veggie that I do not like...Brussel Sprouts.... I usually just boil them and add a little salt and I found that I still DON'T like them.  Maybe I need a different way to cook them since boiling is rather basic.

Water isn't really an issue for me because it is my drink of choice most days so I did meet that goal as far as the challenge goes.  I also managed to get in my 4 days of working out  so I met that goal as well.  I did not weigh myself at the beginning of the challenge so I don't know whether or not I met the weight loss goal but although I'm attempting to become a reformed "scale whore"  I guess one more weigh in won't hurt. 

 This week, I will continue with the water, try to get in a  veggie with at least 2 meals  ( baby steps, baby steps) and I will incorporate strength training into my workouts since I seem to have my cardio down with Zumba.

I don't know what it is with me because as much as I love weight training, I just cannot seem to pick up a weight.  I recently received Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and the plan was to begin yesterday but for some reason I just could not make myself do it.  I have Insanity, P90X, Cathe Friedrich STS and all types of training programs..structured programs, in which all I would need to do is pick up the weights and follow along.  I've even printed out the routine for the Cathe workouts and done them at the gym  on a few occasions but for whatever reason, I just can't get myself  motivated to start back up so my goal will be to do at least 2 days of strength training this week.  Wish me luck!

Getting it right,

7 comments:

I roast my brussel sprouts in the oven with greek seasoning until they are soft and caramelized and I love them. Also I roast a big pan of veggies at the beginning of the week so I have them left over for during the week.

Thanks Ambyland.. The idea of soft and caramelized brussel sprouts does seem much more appealing than the boiled ones I made. I also like the idea of roasting a huge pan of veggies in advance. I'd have no problem with getting them in with every meal. I'm going to go veggie shopping and roast some up for next week. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Yup, baby steps all the way! Good luck with the rest of the week.

Try roasting the Brussel Sprouts in some olive oil. I also sprinkle bacon on top. :)

Hi,

Have read your blog a couple of times, trying to get motivated to lose weight. *sigh* every day I say I'm going to power walk, and every day I don't do it. Same with weights. I dunno what's wrong with me.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is brussel sprouts. The nicest way to eat them is roasted with balsamic/honey glaze. Mix up some minced garlic, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, honey, and olive oil (all ingredient amounts to taste. Coat the sprouts and roast in a 375 degree oven until they're browned on the outside and tender inside. Very yummy!

I don't have any tips for your sprout dilema as I don not like them either. I did however enjoy your post and wish you luck! :)

http://learningtoliveagainmyweightlossjourny.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks for your Comment!